Acer Laptop Reboot in 10 Easy Steps
If you having any software problems or trouble with your Acer Laptop, especially common problems such as your system running slow, programs freeze and become unresponsive, viruses or other similar issues then it may be time for you to wipe the hard drive inside your Acer Laptop and Reboot it back to it’s original state.
This means sending your computer back to it’s Factory Default like when you have it brand new.
This method will allow you to Reboot Acer Laptop without the need for any CDs!
PLEASE NOTE: This WILL DELETE ALL your Files, Pictures, Videos, Software etc from your Laptop, so please back up any files you need first onto an external hard drive, USB, memory stick if disc.
1) Ensure your Laptop is plugged into the main power source.
2) Turn On your Computer (if it’s already on, restart it)
3) DO THIS QUICK -
Keep tapping the Left ‘Alt’ Key and the ‘F10′ Key on your Keyboard.
Keep tapping those keys together until a loading bar appears or your laptop starts to beep.
4) You may have an optional extra screen with a Black Background and White Writing, Press the Enter Key.
5) Your Laptop should have a Loading Bar at the Bottom, this may take a few minutes to load.
6) Once loaded, the Acer eRevovery menu will be shown – Hooray!
Follow the instructions on screen, selecting Next and Ok to Confirm that you wish to wipe your laptop.
7) It may now ask for a password if you set one. The Acer Default is 00000000 (8 Zero’s), unless you specifically changed this in the Recovery Menu already when you first had your laptop.
8) When you’ve completed the Menu Options, a small box will show, with a Loading Bar and Timer.
This can take anywhere between 10 Minutes to 2-3 Hours, so go do something fun!
9) Once finished, your Computer may automatically restart or show a dialog box saying ‘Restore Finished’ or ‘Restore Finished Sucessfully’ etc. Let it Restart.
10) When your Computer Restarts up, it will start Loading back on your Software and Operating System, e.g Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows XP, whichever one it was running originally.
Again, this can take up to 2 hours! – So go kill some time.
Once completed, your Laptop will Restart again. This time it will load back up as it did the first time you had the laptop, asking for your Country, Time, Date, Username, New Password (optional).
You will need to Update your wiped laptop with Windows Updates, Anti Virus/Firewall Software and any additional Drivers you may need for Graphics Cards, as these now only have the basic Drivers installed.
LaptopWipe.Com Recommends using Comodo Internet Security which is Free to use Anti Virus and Firewall Protection, simply Google it and Download!
We hope that this method has sorted out your problem.
If you would prefer this Guide in a Video Walkthrough for use on a Mobile Device Click Here for Acer Laptop Reboot Guide